Thursday 18 April 2013

Paques à Pau

Phrase of the week: les giboulées de mars = march showers (the equivalent to April showers in England)

My phrase of the week is very appropriate, as for the past couple of weeks, the weather has been ridiculous! One minute the sky is blue and it's nice and warm, the next there are horrendous rain showers. My teacher informed me that they call it les giboulées de mars, so now I know!

Last week was a good week. We helped our responsable with a training even on Tuesday, which was actually quite boring, but meant that I got to have the rest of the week of work, as Tuesday is my day odd normally. This worked out well as Adam was visiting on Thursday for a long weekend, so I had much more time to spend with him.

We had a lovely weekend together, mostly chilling, visiting the Lindt factory in oloron and having some nice meals out. We had a fake birthday for Adam on Sunday, a week early, since I won't be there for his real birthday. I even got him a cake!

It was sad to see him leave this morning, but in 4 weeks time I will be home, so it really isn't that bad.

I'm going out for another meal tonight with some friends, which I'm looking forward to.

This week, I really don't have a lot on. Today is a bank holiday, so no work, and my afternoon lessons on Thursday have been cancelled, so only 3 hours to work this week!

It's hard to believe my year abroad is coming to an end! As much as I can't wait to be back in England, it's going to be hard to say bye to everyone, and indeed to the French way of life! I won't cry just yet though, as there's 4 weeks of fun left to be had :)

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment