Thursday 7 February 2013

I haven't done that much this week, but there are a few things to mention I suppose!

On monday I had a really positive lesson with the class that I teach on my own. They're only 6 years old and they often struggle to remember what I've taught them, however this week when I asked them what they remembered, they could actually name some of the rooms in the house in English. I was very impressed!!!
I also drew a house for them to label all the rooms, and they enjoyed doing this but struggled to read my non-cursive handwriting, so I've vowed to try a bit harder to make my handwriting look more like the French's (easier said than done!!). 

On tuesday, I ran my boring errands (renewing bus pass, preparing Thursday's lesson and food shopping) and then went to meet Anna for a drink in town. After, I met Beth to go to babysitting where the kids were actually really sweet and behaved for once!!!
Then in the evening we went to see the silver lining playbook, or happiness therapy as they have renamed it in France (even though is was version originale!). I really enjoyed the film, I miss going to the cinema as at home I would go once a week, and we don't go that often here, but that's because there's generally not many good films out! I'm looking forward to seeing Les Miserables when it finally gets released in France.

Pau looking lovely in the sun

On Wednesday I had a bit of a lie in and then went in to town (again), and had some lunch before babysitting. All I can say about babysitting is it's the easiest 25Euros I've ever earnt! Everyone but the baby went out and he slept all the way through, so I just read my book! We were originally meant to go skiiing on Wednesday but the weather was predicted to be horrible (and it was), so we postponed again! I hope we get to go again soon!

Yesterday evening we baked a cake for Anna's birthday (which is today), which was fun! I also finally bought some hot chocolate and marshmallows and this morning I tested it out - delicious!!

One of my lessons this morning was cancelled, so after planning a lesson for them I didn't get to use it! Annoying, but I'll just do the lesson next week instead. 

I'm looking forward to going to Toulouse at the weekend for Anna/Bex's birthday, and I'll give you an update of what we got up to when I get back!


Me and Adam in Bordeaux
Bises xx

No comments:

Post a Comment